Tanz n Hair Complaints Policy
Our aim is to provide the best service possible, and while we always strive to achieve this, there will be times when the client is unhappy with the service. We aim to handle complaints quickly in an effective, fair and honest way. We are committed to providing a high quality service to all our clients. We are very keen to hear of any situations where we have fallen short of both your expectations and the expectations set by the salon, so that we can continue to improve our standards and service to all our clients.
The policy aims to ensure that:
All members of the public know how to provide feedback to Tanz n Hair and the process of making a complaint is simple;
- All staff treat feedback seriously and deal with it promptly, efficiently, courteously and keep the customer informed of the progress; Improved customer relations are built by resolving feedback during the initial stages wherever possible.
- All feedback is recorded and monitored so that we learn from feedback and take action to improve services.
The following is the process our stylists have to follow to deal with any such issues.
- In the first instance any complaint, no matter how small, must be raised to the Salon Manager (either directly, or via the stylist) within 10 days of the client’s original appointment.
- If the complaint is made via email or phone, it is advised that a follow up call is made to confirm that Management is aware. We will invite you into the salon, were a senior stylist will examine your hair (possibly with the original stylist) and recommend a solution to you. Most issues can be resolved to everyone’s satisfaction in this way.
- We will always try to rectify any issue in the salon as soon as possible, because our aim is to ensure you get the hair style you wanted, but if you are still unhappy with the service provided and wish to continue with the complaint, it would need to be put in writing
The Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is…
“An expression of dissatisfaction regarding Tanz n Hair standard of training, service, action or lack of action”.
Please note that a complaint is not “An initial request for a service to be delivered”.
Who Can Make a Complaint?
Any member of the public or their representatives, staff, businesses, public and voluntary bodies can make a complaint about Tanz n Hair.
How a Complaint Can be Made
- Verbally – to the staff member or director
- Email – in the ‘contact us’ area of the site.
- Letter– to the Salon Address 167 Nevendon Road, Wickford Essex SS12 0NY
The Complaints Process
- All complaints are addressed to the Salon Manager. A response should be made within 5 working days. This is regardless of how the complaint or expression of dissatisfaction is made.
- If you feel the response to your complaint under stage one is unsatisfactory, the next stage is for the complaint to be referred to the Salon Directors who will investigate further and liaise with any additional staff whose information may help resolve the complaint.
- You will receive a response within 10 working days. If an interim reply is needed, you will be given a timescale by which a full reply will be received.
- If you feel the response to your complaint is still not satisfactory, you must advise us within one calendar month of the date of the response from Stage 2 otherwise the case will be closed. The Salon Owners / or relevant Director will then conduct an Internal Review. At this stage all communication will be with the Salon Owners / or relevant Director. A full response will normally be received within 15 days.
All complaints are treated with confidentiality in mind. Only the customer service manager will be aware that a complaint has been received and is being dealt with. Where the complaint extends to the training service, whilst the tutor may be requested to provide information to satisfy the complaint, this will be handled appropriately as to not prejudice further training or assessments.
Anonymous requests will be acted upon, however it is better to provide contact details so that the complainant can be informed of the outcome.
Aggressive or Obsessive Complaints
Tanz n Hair wants to deal fairly and honestly with complainants and ensure that other users, clients and staff do not suffer detriment from persons making vexatious complaints. Tanz n Hair solicitors will write to vexatious complainants to inform them that their behaviour is considered to be unacceptable.
Complaints about Products and Manufacturers
Tanz n Hair recognises complaints regarding products and equipment supplied through ourselves, and any organisation contracted to work or supply Tanz n Hair, and will seek to resolve such complaints.
Tanz n Hair will forward complaints received in respect of other organisations to the appropriate bodies.
Tanz n Hair aims to handle all complaints fairly and honestly regardless of who makes a complaint. Tanz n Hair treats all members of the community equitably and will not show bias to any particular individual or group.
Matters that are Outside the Policy
The following matters are not included in this policy: Complaints which are subject to legal proceedings All complaints are logged and recorded and analysed as part of the customer service satisfaction procedure. While we rarely receive complaints about our service we believe that is important for any quality focused business to have a published Complaints Procedure which is clear for not only our clients, but our stylists as well. We also encourage anyone who has been dissatisfied with our service in anyway to let us know so that we can continue to improve.